A Day in the Life

I started this blog as a way to keep out-of-town friends and family updated on my life. It morphed into a craft blog, and is now a combination of both! Watch for posts containing my most recent crafts and projects, as well as simply an update on my life. I love to journal, and blogging is a great medium. This is my life in a nutshell. Enjoy! :)

Monday, April 26, 2010

04.26.10 - if I didn't have work/school..

Oh the things I could do if I had all day every day wide open (aka no school OR work!) Wouldn't that be the life?! I have so many ideas of what I would do with my time (if I had the money to do them all). Here are some of the things that have captured my attention lately:

I'm totally going to learn how to make a rainbow cake for my roommate's birthday! She turns 22 tomo so I think I'll surprise her with one! (Hopefully she doesn't see this blog post before then..)

I also am dying for a messenger bag, and I think I may have to just make my own! I wonder if I could make a "professional" leather one for Joel..? If not, a cute summery bag for me would be just fine and dandy :) Why I Need a Sewing Machine Reason #1

Lastly, my newest obsession: New Dress a Day. This is the blog of a girl in California who decided to stop spending money on clothes and simply make her own. She gave herself $365 (a dollar a day) to make 365 new outfits - dresses, skirts, shirts, jackets, etc. She is SO CREATIVE! I want to do this too. $0.25 at the thrift store for a new sundress sounds just about perfect! Plus I would have a new craft to work on EVERY DAY! Why I Need a Sewing Machine Reason #2

I was watching Barefood Contessa on the Food Network today during lunch. Ina made a bunch of things I'm not crazy about, but one item caught my eye. That's right - DESSERT! These pecan squares look incredible, so I'm going to try to make my own low-fat, sugar-free version of her recipe.

That's all for now - I have to go watch a presentation on campus. I get extra credit so I really shouldn't complain..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home