A Day in the Life

I started this blog as a way to keep out-of-town friends and family updated on my life. It morphed into a craft blog, and is now a combination of both! Watch for posts containing my most recent crafts and projects, as well as simply an update on my life. I love to journal, and blogging is a great medium. This is my life in a nutshell. Enjoy! :)

Monday, August 2, 2010

08.01.10 - London: Day 4

We left the hotel at 9:00am to go eat breakfast at Costa Coffee. I split a strawberry yoghurt with granola with my dad, and I also had a blueberry muffin and raspberry iced tea. After that, we headed to Hillsong Church! It was very cool. It was HUGE! It’s held in a theatre and it’s set up like a concert every week. It was a neat experience, but not a church I would attend regularly. It let out around 12:15pm.

<< you can see the advertisement for the next theatrical production held at this theatre..

We jumped back on the underground and headed to.. KING’S CROSS!! My dad didn’t want to go here at all (he thought it was dumb) but I was DYING to go, obviously. I found Platform 9 ¾, took my picture with it, and was a happy camper.

                                              heck yeah I took a picture with the trolley! I have to admit I was a bit disappointed in how plain it was.. but it was still worth the trip to this station :)  >>

After that, we went to the Sunday Markets in East London. We first went to the Petticoat Market where I bought some scarves on the cheap (3 for 5#) as well as a pressie for Joel. After that, we went to Old Spitalfields Market where we stopped for lunch. Stephanie and I split a calzone that was pretty good, while the parentals had meat pies. Then we shopped! This market has been here in the mid-1600s! And it is still going strong.

<< the building that houses Old Spitalfield Market

I don’t think I actually bought anything here, but there was a whole lot of cool jewelry and headbands that I wish I would have gotten. My parents bought a poster for our house in Lubbock that is pretty neat. We also got 10 minute much needed chair massages for 8# a piece :)

After the Old Spitalfields Market, we went to the Brick Lane Market, which was pretty much a garage sale on a road. It was huge! All the “shops” were people with things on blankets. Seriously, the items for sale were so eclectic; it actually felt like being at a giant garage sale. It was a neat experience, but we didn’t buy anything there either.






<< Brick Lane Market





We took the tube to St. Paul’s Cathedral, but it was closed since it was Sunday. It was only open for mass and prayer, but there were no tours. We’re going to go back for the tour on Tuesday. We walked across the river to the park in front of the Tate Modern museum and sat down.

looking back across the bridge (Millennium Bridge, maybe?) at St. Paul's Cathedral >>

We were super tired! My dad was looking through the guide book and the rest of us took a quick nap. After 30 minutes, we woke up and decided to walk through the museum, as it was free. However, it closed right as we were walking in! We’re also going to revisit here on Tuesday.

By this point, it was after 6:00pm and we were hungry again. We ate at the Gourmet Pizza Company near the river, then headed back to the hotel for an early night. I skyped with Joel, and then went to bed around 10:00pm.

<< the sister and I after a yummy meal of pizza :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home