A Day in the Life

I started this blog as a way to keep out-of-town friends and family updated on my life. It morphed into a craft blog, and is now a combination of both! Watch for posts containing my most recent crafts and projects, as well as simply an update on my life. I love to journal, and blogging is a great medium. This is my life in a nutshell. Enjoy! :)

Sunday, October 10, 2010

10.10.10 - Halloween!

I know Halloween is still 21 days away, but it's never too soon to start planning your costume! I realize I am too old for trick-or-treating, but I believe I am still qualified to pass out candy! We have lots of little kids in our neighborhood (including one adorable little boy who already suckered me into buying an $18 box of Boy Scout popcorn), so I am inviting some friends over to dress up with me and pass out candy this Halloween! I thought about baking Halloween goodies to pass out, but then realized that in this day and age, most parents wouldn't let their kids eat anything not prepackaged. How sad is the world we live in? :(

This year, I'm going to be a character from arguably the best movie of the year.

Yes, it was a cartoon.
Yes, it was in 3D (and I paid $10 to see it).
Yes, it is a kids' movie.
And YES, I got it on DVD for my birthday. (Thanks, Steph!)

This year, I'm going to be..

A NIGHT FURY!!

For those of you who were not privileged enough to see the movie "How To Train Your Dragon", a night fury is a type of dragon. I love the night fury from the movie, so I obviously want to be him for Halloween! I plan on making my own costume, and I will post pictures of my efforts :)

Stay tuned for pictures and updates of my progress!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home