A Day in the Life

I started this blog as a way to keep out-of-town friends and family updated on my life. It morphed into a craft blog, and is now a combination of both! Watch for posts containing my most recent crafts and projects, as well as simply an update on my life. I love to journal, and blogging is a great medium. This is my life in a nutshell. Enjoy! :)

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

10.19.10 - Wisdom Teeth and Halloween Costumes

I wasn't allowed to take pictures or video, but Joel got his wisdom teeth taken out this morning. It was super last minute - He was planning on going down to San Antonio and having the surgery there, but there was a cancellation at an office here in Lubbock, so he went in this morning at 8:00am! He's a trooper - the first thing he ate was pudding, but he had tortillas and queso from Rosa's for lunch! Who would have thought his first meal would be Rosa's.. Tonight will consist of watching the Rangers-Yankees game and movies and just vegging on the couch :)

I doubt I'll get the chance to work on it tonight (unless Joel dozes off during the game/ movie), but I've changed my plans for my Halloween costume. If you remember my last post, I was planning to be a night fury (the dragon from How To Train Your Dragon - which Steph bought me a few days ago!), but so many people have no idea what a night fury is, and that was going to be difficult to make since the face is what really distinguishes a night fury.. I thought that was not a great option because I want people to know what I am and not have to ask!

So instead of a night fury, I've decided to be an owl! I'm super excited for several reasons. 1) I'm OBSESSED with owls! If you know me at all, you know I have an unnatural love for them. 2) I found a tutorial online, so this will be much easier to make than a night fury. 3) People will be able to tell what I am! At least I hope they will.. We are dressing up for chapter next week, so I can't wait to show off my homemade costume :) For those of you unfamiliar with "chapter", it is just the weekly meeting of the sorority I'm in.

I'll be sure to post pictures of my progress! Hopefully I will be able to work on it some tonight, tomorrow, and finish it on Thursday!

Other projects I'll be working on as I get the chance:
  • This quilt that looks super easy and will be really cute! I haven't decided which two colors to use yet..
  • And this owl! He is adorable, so even though I won't use him as a door stop, he will be perfect for sitting on my bookshelf :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home