A Day in the Life

I started this blog as a way to keep out-of-town friends and family updated on my life. It morphed into a craft blog, and is now a combination of both! Watch for posts containing my most recent crafts and projects, as well as simply an update on my life. I love to journal, and blogging is a great medium. This is my life in a nutshell. Enjoy! :)

Monday, October 25, 2010

10.25.10 - Halloween Chapter!

Tonight at chapter (the weekly meetings of my sorority), we are all wearing our Halloween costumes! I can proudly say that mine is finally finished - as of 10 minutes ago ;)

Without further ado, I present..

MY HOMEMADE OWL COSTUME!!

****I can't believe I forgot to give credit to the amazing tutorial I followed from Following Phubie! So sorry about that, I don't want to take credit for the idea because I did NOT come up with this all on my own!****





   I traced out the feathers onto grey felt to match the $9 hoodie I bought from Walmart. Then I cut them out (150+ individual feathers! Talk about time consuming...) and sewed them onto the hoodie.

I also safety pinned a strip of grey feathers onto the bottom of a grey skirt I already owned (I didn't sew them on bc I still wear the skirt sometimes). I made a mask, paired my outfit with black leggings and uggs, and was good to go!

I'll post pictures tonight of everybody's costumes, including some full body shots of mine :)

3 Comments:

At October 26, 2010 at 8:57 AM , Blogger Christine {Pure Joy} said...

It turned out great! I would love to post your owl costume pictures on http://phubie.blogspot.com/.

 
At October 28, 2010 at 2:47 PM , Blogger Allison said...

Absolutely! I can't believe I forgot to link to your page. I was in such a hurry to get it posted that it completely slipped my mind, but I edited my post to give you credit for the tutorial. It was great and so easy to follow! Thanks!

 
At October 28, 2010 at 5:58 PM , Blogger Christine {Pure Joy} said...

Hi Allison, Do you have pictures of the finished costume? If so, please post on your blog or email them to christine@pure-joy-events.com. I am posting pictures of other people's owl costumes tonight.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home