A Day in the Life

I started this blog as a way to keep out-of-town friends and family updated on my life. It morphed into a craft blog, and is now a combination of both! Watch for posts containing my most recent crafts and projects, as well as simply an update on my life. I love to journal, and blogging is a great medium. This is my life in a nutshell. Enjoy! :)

Friday, January 7, 2011

1.7.11 - [generic New Year title]

It's that time of year again. New Years Resolutions. Everyone has them, even if they won't admit to it. As for me, I have a list of goals for 2011 rather than resolutions. This year, they are all realistic goals. It will take effort, but these goals can absolutely be accomplished with hard work. And this year, I WILL meet them! The first few are soft balls, accomplishments that will be met with a minimum amount of effort. Others will actually be a challenge. Interested? Read on. But first, a recap of 2010 from the perspective of Allison Guthrie.

January 2010: Texas Tech beats Michigan State in the Valero Alamo Bowl in San Antonio, TX




February 2010: Baylor Sing - one of my besties from high school was in a campus-wide singing and dancing competition




March 2010: my first trip to KENYA!!




April 2010: my (much belated) 21st birthday trip to Vegas! The pic is of me and my cousin's daughter making a bobble-head doll video to "Viva Las Vegas".




May 2010: Summer begins! Obviously, we needed some Alan Henry time with our new boat.




June 2010: more lake time at Alan Henry




July 2010: 4th of July in San Antonio with Joel's family and my dad's cousin and his family. In the picture is my dad's cousin's newly adopted daughter, Ava Joy!




August 2010: family vacation to London, England




September 2010: Happy Two Year Anniversary to me and Joel :)




October 2010: Halloween Chapter for my sorority (Raider Sisters for Christ). Pictured is me (an owl!) and my little sister, Anna, as the Candy Land princess!




November 2010: all of my college besties were reunited in San Angelo, TX at the wedding of Kristin and Michael Fida. Kristin is the second of our group of four to get married! Leah (in black) was the first, last August.




December 2010: ringing in the New Year in the best way imaginable - celebrating the marriage of Stacy and Jim Geitgey in Dallas, TX!




What a year :)

And now for the aforementioned goals..


First, I will graduate from Texas Tech University with a Bachelor of Business Administration, Management on May 14, 2011 at 1:30pm in the United Spirit Arena. Mark your calendars! Anyone and everyone is invited to celebrate with me (though I can't promise the 4 hour ceremony will hold your interest).

Second, when I graduate in May (a little over four months from now), I will weigh the same (or less) than I did the first day of my freshman year. I'm proud to say that I only have 5 pounds to go :) This is the last of my "easy" goals.. (sorry if that was TMI for some of you ;) )

Third, I will make the President's List (4.0) for the first time. I have come close twice, but I have not once gotten a 4.0 in a college semester. This is my last chance, so I'm giving it all I've got left! I'm honestly not sure what my classes will look like, but I'm fairly confident this is an achievable goal to set.

Fourth, I will complete The Rookie Triathlon on April 17, 2011 in Austin, TX. It is exactly what it sounds like - a triathlon for rookies! My birthday present from my parents last September was a road bike. I rode it to school most days (until it got real cold) and decided I wanted to try riding longer distances. That's when the triathlon lightbulb switched. The Rookie Tri has a division solely for first- or second-time triathletes, so I will be competing in that category. The Rookie Tri consists of a 300 meter swim, an 11 mile bike, and a 2 mile run. I am most nervous about the swimming.. I ordered my triathlon shorts today and I start training January 26!

That's pretty much it on my goals for the year. I guess I should add "find a big girl job" to the list, but that's not a goal as much as a responsibility. Bummer.

All that said, I have very high hopes for 2011. Here's to it being the best year of my life (so far)! :)

1 Comments:

At January 10, 2011 at 10:46 PM , Anonymous Jenny said...

I'm loving the pictures! And the goals too. That 4.0 thing is a trickster... at least I was never able to get it. Good luck with all of it. Hope your last semester is great!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home